Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nails Gone!

Hi yall!

Well a couple of posts ago I mentioned my nails were looking not so pretty and I was having issues with them. Because chemotherapy is very drying to your tissues, your nails can become brittle and yellow. Dry nails will break and crack easily. This is all due to one of the meds I'm on called Taxotere or Docetaxel or Taxol. So to date I have lost the top half of my fingernails on two fingers and it doesn't look so cute. I think I need to go find me one of those back scratchers, because with these nails I can't scratch a good itch. From what I have read the fingernails will recover and so will the toenails, it will just take them a bit longer. But that's okay, this too shall pass. Right? Have a wonderful blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will pass; but it's not pleasant. When you go somewhere "nice" don't forget about the flesh-colored bandages. I used those over my missing nails. :-)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete